Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, December 27, 2013

American as Apple Pie

     Now, that Christmas is over, it's time to make a few thank you cards.  I used the F419 Sweetie Pie and D379 Apple Pie to create this all American thank you note.  I didn't intend to go patriotic, I started by using some red gingham paper but it need something else to go with it so out came the blue.

     I always think gingham needs some white eyelet lace so I added a lacy white border to the checks and then the blue border around the edges of my images and the center mat.  This is the first time I've used a mat underneath the punched border.  I think it's a neat effect.



     I went to my patriotic drawer, Yes, I have a red, white and blue drawer of embellies.  I keep everything sorted by color because it makes it easy for me to find the right embellishment for my cards.  Anyway after sorting through for the right embellishment, I found these flowers and felt they had the country charm I was looking for so I added them to the corners.   This left a large empty space in the upper right so I went to my red drawer and found these lovely red rhinestone flourishes, just the right thing!

    Mary Anne

3 comments :

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely darling, Mary Anne!!! LOVE the red, white, and blue! Gorgeous! :)

Debbie Adams said...

Great card. Totally love this for 4th of July, which will be here before we know it. right? :D
Deborah

Unknown said...

Technical4u.com Tells You About The Latest Exam Results , Anna University Updates And Latest Education News And Jobs In India.The Leading Online Education And Exam Results Portal. That May Help Us to Get Exam Results, Anna University Results, Question Papers as well as Jobs In India
www.Technical4u.com

Jobs in India, Engineering Jobs in India, Software Jobs in India, IT Jobs in India, Mechanical Jobs in India, Govt Jobs in India,
Www.Jobsearchspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...