Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Spotlighted Sunflower

Hi, friends!  I'm back today with another card using beautiful stamps from the Great Impressions online store!  Today I have a fun autumnal card using one of my favorite techniques--spotlighting!  Take a peek at the completed project!

More detailed pictures on my personal blog HERE.

This is actually a pretty easy effect to create.  To start, you just need to stamp your image (G196 Sunflower Garden was used here) twice--once on a colored paper (I chose kraft) and once onto a neutral paper (I used cream).  

You just punch a shape out of the colored paper, color in the image on the neutral paper (I used Sakura glitter gel pens), line them up, and adhere them together with dimensional foam to create a layered look.  You don't have to use the dimensional foam, but I think it adds a little something.

After that, all you have to do is add it to a panel and put whatever bits you'd like for added texture!  I added part of sentiment E842 Happy Day to my panel along with some enamel dots and a bit of twine on the kraft pot.  I love it!

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation!  Hop over to  play along with our monthly challenge, too!  If you use stamps from Great Impressions, you'll be able to link up your creation in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!


 photo Sigcopy.png

1 comment :

Katy said...

So pretty! Love that peekaboo! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...