Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter Scene

Have you gotten much snow where you live? We haven't gotten much at all though my kids are so hoping for some this winter :) I wanted to create a watercolored background and use the beautiful F459 Dotted Winter Tree from Great Impressions to make a winter scene.


I started by watercoloring my background using my Tombow markers. I like to lay down my color from my pen onto my craft mat and then pick up the color with a wet brush. I layered on the colors until I was happy with it and then finished it by getting my brush wet with clean water and tapping to create the water droplets. This gives such a pretty splattered look and in this case represents snow. I then heat set my paper and stamped my trees in Versafine Onyx Black ink. 


Be sure to join us in this month's challenge (click!) and if you use any GI stamps be sure to link up to the customer gallery (click!). Be sure to stop by the Great Impressions store (click!) and maybe treat yourself to a few new images...did you know shipping is free over $25?! 


Have a wonderful day!

1 comment :

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE this, Leah! The blues are amazing with the black silhouettes on top! LOVE! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...